Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: she's about to .....#2, 1 by MaVieRose

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MaVieRose

In reply to: she's about to .....#2

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of she's about to .....#2
MaVieRose wrote:
Audrey, i have brugs on the ground, some in pots. some came back, some don't. i place heavy mulch on all. for insurance purposes, i take i take cuttings to be sure i have a "copy" of one that might get lost. i normally take cuttings in late August of each year... i find that the easiest time to root cuttings w/out complications of rotting due to cold weather. put it this way, i try the best i can, but i do not pamper my plants. i use the simpliest, cheapest fertilizer and most important organic fertilizer i can find locally.

Becky, i post a link above ES. in my research, that is so far the best site i found. if u are wanting to know technicalities or composition, write the manufacturer, cause i do not know. when i first came to the U.S., that is the first thing i did, write different manufacturer and plant suppliers to learn their product, before i dive in the plant world on my neck of the wood.

i do not read people's mind, that a dangerous thing to do. i came to this thread to help, not to be known cuz i am no expert by any means. i share info i learned from researches and experiences. ask away question/s that need to be responded to. i will do my best, if not, i will research it. i have tons of notes i have collected thru the years. my bookmarks/favorites and notes are like a cabinet with categories and folders for easy access. i do have my senior moments, the very reason why i save, print notes and files. i have a filing cabinet filed with written and printed info from numerous website. i also have books to consult in case i can not recall. getting old sure suck!

hey Clemen! how are u GF? are u done with ur shopping? i hope u did get carried away and got some dough left in ur pocket book LOL!

thanks for the warm welcome Ladies!

i will post a photo of brugs i have grown a couple yrs back. due to major illnesses and time spent in hospitals, i lost most of my brugs. these brugs has gone thru all the abuses from Mother Nature: summer's soaring 115 deg. F super hot weather, and winter's super cold [at least to me and my brugs ] 110 deg. F with snow on some occasions. i am fine now, as they say a gardener will always be a gardener, i have ordered and beg some cuttings from fellow members. i will share and pass on soon as i have some to spare.