Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Ohio River Valley Gardening: ORVG COFFEE HOUSE # 111 - Hold the Wind & Water...., 1 by daylilydaddy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright daylilydaddy

In reply to: ORVG COFFEE HOUSE # 111 - Hold the Wind & Water....

Forum: Ohio River Valley Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of ORVG COFFEE HOUSE # 111 - Hold the Wind & Water....
daylilydaddy wrote:
I'm Here. Just lurking a lot. That sepsis combined with me stupidly spending 6 hours in the 95 degree sun with a humidity of 1000+ has really kicked my rear. I was feeling so much better and went to the Lucasville swap meet. I should have known better, but just had to have a peahen and see what else was being sold.(It' s such a fun sale and my favorite). I dehydrated. I am prone to that with some of the meds I take. The med masks my heat/cold sensors in my body and poof before I know it I'm ill. It has sent me to the hospital quite a few times. I should have went with this episode, but just didn't want to stay in hospital. They always admit me with the dehydration because it messes with my sodium/potassium levels(not good for a heart patient) So I drank like 15 glasses of water when I got home and a cool bath. I am still dragging after a week. So is my lot in life. Need the meds to live, but the side effects can get you to.

I can work in the gardens in the evening when it cools down and these last couple of days have been cherry. Everything is looking so good. Lilies blooming their little heads off. The first daylilies have begun also and well just too much to mention. The tropical garden is done and planted! That is going to be my favorite garden I can tell already. I finally found my bananas I wanted and all four seem happy. I love those. It is the icing on the cake in the tropical garden to me.

I used Rox_males deer resistant report and created a garden that gets hit by deer a lot. So far, so good. It was a bit of a challenge to get the right plants(at right price! LOL) It's looking quite good also. Weeds are my only enemy now. A lot of the plants in the original beds are out of control and I have been giving away lots and selling some. Supports my habit and people have been buying me little goodies to "trade" for my plants. Can't go wrong there.

I finally ordered some english own root roses. I am running out of garden space, but I'm clearing a lot out also. I am making a lot of room for my new goodies. I still have a pile to plant by driveway, but I love seeing them and planning for their forever homes. I need to stop going to lowes! Their clearance rack is going to be the death of me! I am considering tilling an area to put their clearance stuff in for future sales.

I am still working out the details for the items I had for trades for people. When you get your box. It is a gift. I am not all that worried about getting any plants back for what I send. Some things are just too large to ship, but at least can send the smaller stuff. I will dmail you when your goody box is to be shipped.

There must be something in the stars. I have been dealing with a lot of people in crisis here lately. They run to our woods for respite. I don't mine. They take care of them selves and bring supplies. I just cook and play in my garden. They clean up my messes and play with me in the dirt. I just listen and try to give advice as best I can. One set of friends will never be allowed back though. I am almost done with clearing the GH and prepping it for the next use. 4 flats and some pots left and it's empty. I started going over my data base and started missing things. This set(former friends) loves plants and I had given them a lot for their garden. Anything marked lily(formosa, babies etc.) are gone. Plus some EE's, brugs, blackberry lilies and Siberian seedlings not to mention all the extra maters potted for a trade for some glass ware. I also take Xanax and 17 are also missing. She called at 3am crying and apologizing Etc. and then wanted money. HA! She is a pill head. That has no place in my life.
Well I have done it again. Was not going to post and here is a letter!!
I have 2-3 more sets of friends with issues now, but will not get into it here. I used you all as my therapist. Thank god, Jeff and I are in a good space and can help people who want to help themselves.
Sorry for the long post.
(((HUGS)))) to all.
I should respond to all you all, but would take another page to do that. Just know I think of you all daily and are in my prayers and thoughts.
George
This is what helps me deal with my and others problems