Photo by Melody

PlantFiles Pictures: Ric Rac Orchid Cactus, Fishbone Cactus, St. Anthony's Rick-Rack (Selenicereus an, 1 by Clare_CA

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Clare_CA

In reply to: Ric Rac Orchid Cactus, Fishbone Cactus, St. Anthony's Rick-Rack (Selenicereus an

Forum: PlantFiles Pictures

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Ric Rac Orchid Cactus, Fishbone Cactus, St. Anthony's Rick-Rack (Selenicereus an
Clare_CA wrote:
Thanks, gessiegail. I too started my Epi hybrids in hanging baskets, but they get big and heavy before too long and need something bigger. Eventually, I put them in big urn type containers. My epi hybrids only bloom once a year around May, but my species will bloom several times a year. Don't get discouraged if you don't see blooms for a year or two with the hybrids. It seems these things need to put on some growth before they bloom well when started from cuttings. As for this Selenicereus anthonyanus, I've had it three and a half years, and this is the first time it has bloomed for me. The plant itself is huge, and the container is very heavy. This picture of it doesn't capture its true size.