Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: Spring for the Tropics! My vacation in my first HOME, 1 by goofybulb

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright goofybulb

Subject: Spring for the Tropics! My vacation in my first HOME

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spring for the Tropics! My vacation in my first HOME
goofybulb wrote:
Where am I from? Spring in Romania

In these 6 years since I came to US, I managed to go home several times, sometimes just for vacation, and a couple of times for not so joyful reasons (my mom got very sick and passed away). But I'm going to take you to a happy trip back home! And I hope you're going to join me. So please take a confy chair to sit, grab your favorite cold drink, and hop in!
I come from a little European country, where winter, spring, summer and fall come faithfully every year. Romania is small, but beautiful, with mountains and hills and plateaus and plains and even seaside. But, as a (formerly) adopted Miamian, in the 6 years since my leaving home, I’ve never went to the seaside (Black Sea) again.
It was only this year that I managed to go during springtime, mid-April. The first spring in 6 years!!! And this is what I found:

Tulips, faithfully returning tulips, that have been in our garden (Bucharest, in the plains) since I was a little girl.