Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: What's outside your back door?, 1 by fauna4flora

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright fauna4flora

In reply to: What's outside your back door?

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's outside your back door?
fauna4flora wrote:
Here is a part of my backyard that doesn't look good- it's been a long hard struggle for me. I've been on the property 2 years now- my DH 20 years. This was his huge debree pile from 3 hurricanes. Well, I spent 3 solid weekends burning that off- it felt like my contribution to the heartache and work of hurricanes even though I didn't live here then. And then I let it sit for a long time because my dream is to have a leveled, raised bed shade cloth enclosed vegetable house with irrigation. With my son still not in public school and the economy the way it is.......I eventually gave up on that idea- for now. Then I became a DG member and got all these wonderful seeds. So, my concept now is to pile it high with mulch (there is broken glass and all kinds of unmentionables in there), roundup the weeds and create a bee and butterfly garden. You wouldn't believe it- I've actually noticed 3 more types of butterflies than I used to because of this.

This message was edited Jun 16, 2008 3:56 PM