Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Deadheading Geranium 'Rosanne', 1 by PaulFromAL

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright PaulFromAL

In reply to: Deadheading Geranium 'Rosanne'

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Deadheading Geranium 'Rosanne'
PaulFromAL wrote:
ecrane & Carol, thanks....The lady at our local nursery asked me last year if I grew 'Husker's Red' and I said no, and she shook her head in disbelief...I think she's kinda partial to'em.....Well I end up buying this and that and when I put the stuff in back of my Jeep she's already but two Huskers Red in the Jeep.....That's what she calls 'pass along' plants...So this year I'm learning about'em myself....they had a nice purple tinged whitish flower and the foliage ain't bad.....but again thanks for your help and I'm going to take one down the crown like Carol said and deadhead one just for experiment sake like ecrane suggested and that will take care of it.....Just curious, what other kinds of penstemons do you grow or really like for yourselves?.....I've seen some wonderful ones it looks like in High Country Gardens Nursery in Colorado, I got their catalog and saw their website, they seem to specialize in them and salvias too......saw some dandies.....I got something called 'Scarlet Spires' salvia from them this year and its going like gangbusters here....must be some similarity between Rocky Mountains and Bama, but what it would be I have no idea......:)

Paul from Alabama