Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lourspolaire

In reply to: talked to Carol

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of talked to Carol
lourspolaire wrote:
Hi, everyone.

Yes, these days find us very busy. We have made an offer on this foreclosed home. The bank haggled with us and we finally came to terms. We got the finalized and signed papers yesterday. We are now passed the offer's hurdle.

We now move into the inspection phase whereby we unleash a bunch of inspectors into the house so they can tell us where problems exist or will soon show up. The offer is contingent on the inspection's results. If it's a lemon, we'll pull out of the deal quicker than you've ever seen.

We loved the house because it features 2 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms (one with shower/tub combo and the other with a walk-in shower). The toilets are low so we'll have to replace those but that's not so expensive to do. The whole place is tiled in porcelain tiles. There is no step down to go from the living room to the Florida room. The Florida room is also tiled. The kitchen will need sprucing up or redoing but that's me: move in and redo the kitchen. The appliances are serviceable but I imagine I'll tire of them soon enough. I would rather buy my own than move in somewhere where the previous owner chose my appliances for me. I write this and I realize how picky I am. And we were so dirt poor when I was a kid. Don't get me started on that, please. Let's move on.

I have a few pictures, copied off the MLS system. I will soon have pictures of my own, since I will accompany the inspection team on the site. This house is a foreclosed villa in Delray Beach, FL. That's about 25 milles North of us. I hope I won't need snow tires up there. Here is the front.

Sylvain, A.K.A. Pu'ole.