Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Kaelkitty: where are you?, 1 by Kaelkitty

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Kaelkitty

In reply to: Kaelkitty: where are you?

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Kaelkitty: where are you?
Kaelkitty wrote:
I'm still house hunting! It is simply horrid. Today is the first day I have had free to be on the forums in ages. I have another open to go to tomorrow. In between I am madly digging things up and flinging them into pots. Of course, after the move who knows how long it will take them to reconnect my ADSL, so I'll probably have another period of terminal slows.

I'm very ticked off about this happening - I was supposed to be long term in this house and I have planted masses of stuff which will all have to come up. Climbing and bush roses, Berry bushes, Rhubarb, stacks of ornamentals - you name it. If any of you have ever gone and looked at my journal here you will have an idea of what a huge job it is. To make matters even worse, I had just finished potting up 470 pots full of spring bulbs so they will all have to go as well. When I moved in here in 2006 they, at least, were all dug up and dormant so I had the whole lost in a few cardboard boxes plus a stack of empty pots, now they are all in full growth and heavy with rain to boot.

I have to be out of here before the 9th of July and it is very difficult to find anything big enough within my price range, but I'll just have to go on looking, until I do.

Oh well, I'll just have to get on with it. I would ask for everyone's patience for a bit though, as I really can't guarantee to be on-line with any regularity for a while.

TTFN, KK.

PS here is a last view down the side of the house showing a bit less than half the bulbs, before I start pulling all the plants out.