Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Is this Magic Pallet?, 1 by seedpicker_TX

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright seedpicker_TX

In reply to: Is this Magic Pallet?

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Is this Magic Pallet?
seedpicker_TX wrote:
Wow! That looks exactly like my no id one!!!! Same colors, and same height, too.

You said it was fragrant. Does it rebloom for you, too?

The lady told me that my no ID did not rebloom. The Enchanted one is a rebloomer. Is yours bright canary yellow? ...mine is :0)

The not reblooming part, and the brighter yellow standards make me think my no id is NOT enchanted. Also, I've seen my own enchanted bloom, and they are not the same.

I also have brown lasso(guess I'm attracted to a very limited color scheme, lol), and it is definitely not brown lasso, either. Brown lasso has sort of mustard yellow standards, not bright yellow.

I will add this...yours is exactly the same height as mine. And, yours are blooming right now and mine have been finished for a couple of weeks.

If you consider the respective zone/temperature differences between zone 8 and zone 5, ours basically bloomed at the same time of our respective seasons.

Also, my brown lasso bloomed a little later, and a little shorter.

I'm beginning to think we have the same no id iris. :0)
And, we both got them under similar circumstances(pass along with no name). I think they must be a great increaser, (sterile or not) because everyone seems to have plenty of this one when they have it. Time will tell, I've only had mine for about a month, lol.

I drove by a woman's house who had these, and she was willing to part with some so we struck a trade.

I sure wish someone knew what these were. It seems that is should be a somewhat "common" iris, at least commercially available years ago, since you have them several states away...

I wish I'd taken more pictures of mine, but can't now, because they are done. Does it look like yours? These are the day I dug them and brought them home. The pictures says it was taken 4-29-08

-T