Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Wildlife: old snapper, 1 by tcs1366

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright tcs1366

In reply to: old snapper

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of old snapper
tcs1366 wrote:
here is the one i found...

the first time we noticed him/her was when my son drove away [he was parked on the street] then all of a sudden this huge turtle was in the road. we figured he was under the car to get out of the hot sun.

so i picked it up [he/she didnt like that one bit, and boy was it heavy] and put in on the decline down to the pond.
the next day, it was climbing up the hill -- ventured into my flower bed, then under the 'bay window', back out again... i think it was looking for a place to nest as it was rooting around. then made it's way thru my neighbors yard and started to the street again.... me not really knowing anything about turtles and not wanting it to get hit by a car... i picked it back up again... all the while it's hissing and snapping its head back and forth... i pointed it near the pond again .... very long story short.... it didnt want to go in the pond ... it wanted to head north ... so after a long while and me watching it and once helping it cross the road, since that it where it was determined to go.... it waddled all the way down the block .... then cut between some homes... we are assuming it went to a different pond, possibly to nest.