Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Combinations !!, 1 by Soulja

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Soulja

In reply to: Combinations !!

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Combinations !!
Soulja wrote:
robcorriela: I just set the stones there and they're so heavy they just stay like that. I thought of cement but they really don't need it.

Shirley: As far as the ladder will reach. I just staple it onto the most forward protruding bark and try to train them into the crevices where I leave some open space behind the wire. I just planted a couple that have already gone at least 12 ft. up. I have similar kinds I keep spun sideways on low trellis fences along walkways. But they definitely prefer to go straight up.

(pardon me Jeanne as I am conscious that this is your combinations thread and I hope to have some very very soon.)

here's the back (west facing) side. excuse the lack of mulch. Some plants need to be raised higher like stinky's where it's wet. In this case Honeysuckle with an open bottom next to Pink Champagne which is fine in the ground because the hole between the roots was very deep before I filled it with good soil.