Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Cottage Garden Trellis designs, 1 by wind

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright wind

In reply to: Cottage Garden Trellis designs

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Cottage Garden Trellis designs
wind wrote:
sounds nice Fairy, esp. the 'simple, cheap and easy part' :) please do show us a photo when your finished! speaking of clematis our nellie moser (I think it's nellie m.) just started blooming today; it is climbing on a portion of our chain link fence.

Suzy, I forgot about the T-shaped free-standing trellis in that photo! I think I would like to try that too. I did two super simple free-standing, sort of make-shift trellis', for our trumpet vine but not nearly as nice as that. I just took an arched metal frame (approx 2-3' x 4') for climbers and stuck a 4' metal post down the middle to support it and called it finished! I have to admit it didn't look very nice at first but now the vine is covering it completely. I originally wanted the trumpet vine to climb into our Holly tree and cascade out next to our hummer garden, but it couldn't twine in that tree, so I rigged up the make-shift trellis' in front of the tree.

Pagancat, I'd love to see what you bought at Costco too :)

some of you may have seen this already, I've posted it once before
this is another dream photo I have saved of a pergola I would love to have my DH make..."when I retire", he promised