Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Northeast Gardening: Today's Weather in Your Garden - 19, 1 by bbrookrd

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bbrookrd

In reply to: Today's Weather in Your Garden - 19

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Today's Weather in Your Garden - 19
bbrookrd wrote:
52 and overcast and looks like rain this morning.

I am heading out to plant now to try to get some roses in before I leave for a few days. We are suppose to get days of rain.

My carpenter called last night and may have time to build our final wooden fence and gate sooner than he thought he could. This fence will tie into the new deer fence up near the house so we won't have to look at the ugly plastic deer fence and green rusty posts. This is because he can build the panels and gate in his shop during all the rain we may be getting which will screw up his scheduled outside work for the next few days. I am so happy as he was thinking much later in the summer. Here is a collage of the spot.

The fence will connect to the small section I had done last year and will mirror, except that the gate is going to be wider, the fence on the other side of the house which I had built two years ago. It will have one more short 10 foot long panel, then jump up to 8 feet for the last 15 feet or so. I laid it out before having the guys put in the the cedar posts yesterday. I hope I did it right. I need to change all the elevation of the ground next week, but I have my trusty level and shovel. I would love to have no fence, but with the dogs and the deer and rabbits, we must. Patty