Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: name for my new pulmonaria?!?!, 1 by redchic01

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright redchic01

In reply to: name for my new pulmonaria?!?!

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of name for my new pulmonaria?!?!
redchic01 wrote:
Steven, where might one find a good place to get this "starburst" lilly?

I agree with you enya.....I just don't know if I have the patience to wait that long! can you believe I'm already trying to figure out ways to propigate it without having to wait until it's large enough to safely divide (like tissue culture). How bad is that?!?! Believe it or not I have actually had some patience with it. that little plant is actually 2 years old. i noticed it last year when it was about 1 and and a half inches tall with a little group of striped flowers right on the top. I agree with you about the pulmonarias! I have many more than I let on, and actually quite a few of them are hybrids, but there's nothing that unusual about them. I get really paranoid when anybody walks through that bed because i know that won't see the tiny, first year pulmonaria seedlings---even though there's about 50 of them. eveybody must stay off that plant bed!

Anyhow, here's a picture of what the little plant looks like now. Unfortunatly it's a little dark outside when I took it, so the pitcure is a little granular.