Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Why can't a Girl??????, 1 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: Why can't a Girl??????

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Why can't a Girl??????
HollyAnnS wrote:
You are right the list is never ending but I really do love being outside working on things. It is getting harder to do the work even at our age 55 , not really that old. I have aches and pains that I would never have had 10 years ago, so I know as we age even more it will get harder. Ric is so handy that it is hard to get him to pay someone to do the work even if he doesn't want to do it. I remember several years ago one winter he needed some mechanical work done to the car. He's a half decent mechanic but really doesn't enjoy it, especially with the arthritis in is hands working with cold tools in cold damp weather is very hard on him. I talked him to sending the car to the garage to have it fixed, told him one days overtime would pay for it and wouldn't he rather spend an extra day at his regular job than working with those cold tools. He still does some work on the cars but is more willing to send them out. He justifies it by saying that the newer cars need to be hooked up to computers for some of the repairs, I don't care just glad he's not hurting himself.
Here's what the deck looked like this morning. Can't believe that almost all of the brown opaque stain came off. Ric took out the broken lower lattice and will replace it. I've started staining it with a semi transparent cedar stain.
I'll post pictures when it's all done.