Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Ohio River Valley Gardening: Plant Trade ORVG RU 2008, 1 by tabasco

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright tabasco

In reply to: Plant Trade ORVG RU 2008

Forum: Ohio River Valley Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Plant Trade ORVG RU 2008
tabasco wrote:
Hi, ORVers! Below is a list of plants I have available to bring to the RU:

**PLEASE D-mail me with "RU TRADE (and name of item)" in the subject line to keep me organized.**

Please check my "DG Journal" for other things I may have in the garden (I don't have a 'Trade List' on the Trading Forum). If you think I have something not listed here that you want/need, let me know and I will be happy to share if I have it.

If you like, you can stop by our house before or after the RU to pick up/dig plants and have a mint julep or iced tea! (We live very close to the RU picnic site.)

'XXX' means somebody has asked for that selection and I'm out of that for now, anyway. Thanks! (-:

AVAILABLE:

XXX Liatris spicata alba 8 plants from corms (a few of these are reserved for those who asked on another thread? Marcy? and..?
XXXLiatris spicata violet 8 plants from corms
Liatris-one or two more rare seedlings (good for butterflies but tiny and won't bloom for a couple years)
XXX Daffodil "Fragrant Rose" or "Pink Charm" (white with pink cup, mid/late season bloomer) a few available
Lemon Thyme plants from garden and other thyme from garden
XXX Oregano divisions from garden (2 kinds available)
XXXSage 'culinary' seedlings
Stonecrop (2 kinds) both chartreuse and dark green
XXX Caladium 4 (potted plants started from Co-op bulbs) a white/green one and a white one with red veins (will find names).
XXX Canna 4 (potted plants started from Co-op bulbs) not sure of names yet--will look at tags later.
XXX Calla 4 (potted plants started from Co-op bulbs)
XXX Buckeye tree seedlings (12 inches high) Yellow blossom. 3 or more available
XXX Salvia various (purple/blue perennial) volunteers from garden. Standard nice cultivars but I've lost IDs.
Liriope variegated Divisions from garden
~~~~~~~~

XXX Also Wintersown seedlings available: Verbena bonarienses, campanulas (various kinds), digitalis (various kinds), echinacea (from collected seed also 'magnus', 'starlight', from purchased seed), tithonia, rudbeckias (various, including 'prairie sun', 'indian summer', 'irish eyes' and others), salvias (various annual), zinnias, Japanese Morning Glories (various from seed started indoors). Ask about specific IDs on any of these if you are interested.
~~~~~~~

XXX Magazines and Journals: "Horticulture", "American Gardener", "Daffodil Society", "Hosta Journal", "Architectural Digest", Daylily catalogs, "Ohio Birding", Iris catalogs, and various assorted other gardening magazines and catalogs I would like to recirculate to any interested gardeners.
~~~~~~~

WANTS:

IRIS--Long-blooming bright blue bearded. Both 'tall' and/or 'border' iris. Unknowns and NOID are just fine. A few for a nice eye-catching patch.

Rhubarb--Esther?! Roots for planting and/or stalks to make pie!? Yum!

Tomato plants (just a couple) Melissa?!

If you have extra parsley, dill, fennel, I could use more for our butterfly garden.

This message was edited May 18, 2008 8:00 AM