Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Cottage Garden in the making..., 1 by gemini_sage

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gemini_sage

In reply to: Cottage Garden in the making...

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Cottage Garden in the making...
gemini_sage wrote:
The 'Fire Beds' are around the shed out back. The other side has a bed in progress I don't have a pic of yet, but it has 5 Mr.Lincoln roses in it now, and I'm going to expand around it a bit and fill in with annuals that BFs and hummers like.

...which leads to the back of the house to a spot Jan had used for some vegetable. Bless her heart, every place she tried to garden here had either clay from where the basement had been dug out or the water line put in, or was, as in the case of this bed, full of rocks. Mind you, the only places I've found here with soil problems have been those spots, the rest has been super, LOL. So on this bed she employed lasagna gardening techniques to put in this bed. I've expanded it, and still let a few volunteer yellow, pear shaped tomatoes grow and some herbs, but its mostly devoted to BF and hummingbird plants. It's completely polychromatic! Note the yearly volunteer wild Verbascum.