Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Weather: April Daily Weather III, Rebirth Begins, Even in the North, 1 by rannveig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rannveig

In reply to: April Daily Weather III, Rebirth Begins, Even in the North

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of April Daily Weather III,  Rebirth Begins, Even in the North
rannveig wrote:
Good evening!!

So many wonderful photos and comments to read :-)

Kiska - nice to see you back! Looks like your vacation was perfect :-) Love the looks of that place - especially that hammock in the first photo. Looks like a wonderful spot to relax ;-)

EB - wow ! Spring came in a hurry there! The crocus have been flowering here for almost a month and the daffs aren't getting ready to open any time soon ......

TF - freckles is adorable :-)

Adina - the house looks great! My grandparent's house was a very similar color as yours :-)

Joey, Sidney and Deb - great looking hostas! I have quite a few and have bought 3 more already ..... they're all sound asleep still, except for the new ones - they're hanging out in the greenhouse until it gets warmer.

Kelli - LOL about the orange paint. too funny :-) You know when I saw those photos from Anacapa, Dyrhólaey was the first thing I thought of! :-) Funny you have a stamp with a photo of it. Wish I had some photos to post - mine are all pre-digital and my scanner is out of order.

Sharon - your brugs ...... ooooooohhh so pretty :-) Now I really need to grow one to know how they smell ..... ;-) lol

Joey - I have a Wisteria too - in the greenhouse of course .... it's starting to leaf out. I'm waiting anxiously to see if there will be any buds ! :-) lol

The gang are all getting better - they're still coughing but otherwise pretty good. I've had a cold for the past 3 days and a bit of a fever but nothing serious.

The weather's been wonderful since last Friday with highs around 50°F and no night time freeze! I've unwrapped the roses - although I might have to wrap them up again if we get a bad freeze. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will finally be a mild spring.

Tomorrow is the "first day of summer". It's a holiday and the girls will get summer presents. I think it's one example of Icelander's undying optimism to celebrate the beginning of summer in late April when summer really doesn't arrive until mid June ...... lol Ever hopeful - that's us ;-) lol It doesn't look like winter and summer will "freeze together" this year ........ I can't rememer whether that's supposed to be good or bad .... lol

Have a good night!

Rann