Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: What are we doing now it's Autumn ???, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

Subject: What are we doing now it's Autumn ???

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What are we doing now it's Autumn ???
77sunset wrote:
What are we doing ?/ Well today i was getting wet. No. don't everybody cheer, it wasn't raining.
I was doing an Autumn job. Getting ready for Summer (Ha Ha, I think Summer is still here somewhere) I have been very industrious putting up the retic hose in the epi/fern houses. I wanted mist sprays along the roof for the hot weather. There is one problem doing this as gravity works well with water. Of course you have to put water in the hose first and then when you put a hole in the hose where is the water going to go ? Yes. all over me. I can tell you that the sprays work well . At least the next Autumn job is on the ground, laying out the hose for the dahlias. .
Today was not as warm as the last few days but I have given up on the rain dances as they seem to frighten the rain away. Way away towards other peoples gardens who don't need it now. How about a few rain dances from you up there to scare it back?/
The weeds are growing well . I have a lovely crop down the back. i sprayed a lot yesterday but it looks like I will have to do a lot over the winter and spring. I see where my dutch iris are already poking their noses up.
Hubby ( the dear ) has made me a cuppa. I will sit and contemplate .
Tomorrow is the clearing sale we are going to so I hope there are heaps of plants and pots. happy gardening everyone.. Have a look at my fern hose friends. Jean.