Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Weather: Spring - The Rebirth has Begun, 1 by MySharona

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MySharona

In reply to: Spring - The Rebirth has Begun

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spring - The Rebirth has Begun
MySharona wrote:
We’ve got company, so I have to be quick!

TF – I’m looking at it as if it were a 1km cumulus cloud; which would give a volume of 1 cubic km (km3). Air has a density of 1.007 kilograms/cubic meter (kg/m3), moist air comes in at 0.627 kg/m3, the density of the cloud droplets is about 0.0005 kg/m3. The density of the cloud is about 62% dry air. In final calculations, the 1 km3 cumulus cloud weighs 1.4 billion pounds 635 million kg. I added in the mass of the cloud and the mass of the air. That would make a fair weather cumulus cloud weigh over 2 billion pounds, or about 9 million pounds less than dry air of equal volume. Why do I remember this stuff? Maybe I don't, like I said I could be doing this all wrong.

Joey - What's the answer?!! LOL!

Ric – We heard about your earthquake. How scary is that? I was hoping you wouldn’t be affected by it. Was there any damage in your area?
Adina – Pretty pelargoniums! I love all the awnings on the house, the roof is gorgeous!
Kelli – I got a good chuckle from your geometry statement! DH always calls us (DG’ers) Garden Nerds. I’m proud to be called a Garden Nerd!
Se_eds – LOL! I always read the directions…DH is the one that jumps in with both feet then whines when things don’t turn out “as they should”!

77.0 °F / 25.0 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 35%
Dew Point: 47 °F / 8 °C
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1.6 km/h / 0.4 m/s from the SW
Wind Gust: 6.3 mph / 10.1 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 78 °F / 26 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 5 out of 16
Clouds: Few 6000 ft / 1828 m
Scattered Clouds 15000 ft / 4572 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 20 ft / 6 m

Now
Through 1230 PM...isolated showers ahead of a cold frontal system will move over northeast Florida. The heaviest showers will move into areas near Jennings...Dowling Park and Taylor. The showers are moving northeast to east at 20 miles an hour. Rainfall amounts will vary from a trace to a few hundredths of an inch.

This Afternoon
Partly cloudy and breezy with a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms. High 79. South winds 15 mph.

This message was edited Apr 19, 2008 11:51 AM