Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Fruits and Nuts: Could Use Some Blueberry Advice!, 1 by Tplant

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Tplant

Subject: Could Use Some Blueberry Advice!

Forum: Fruits and Nuts

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Could Use Some Blueberry Advice!
Tplant wrote:
I'm setting up a blueberry garden and could use some tips from gardeners that grow blueberries. My soil is sandy so I purchased six bags of humus from Walmart and a sack of Canadian Spaghnum peat moss plus I added some acid tone to lower PH as it stands at 6.5 right now. The area gets morning sun but does have some shade from hot summer sun. I purchased three blueberry plants that are recommended for my southern area from Hartmanns Nursery although they preferred to ship in the fall I told them to send now and placed a fall order for three more of their choice for my area. Thought I'd practice with this order as they are only $20 for three plants.
I think I made a mistake by putting down the humus as it is very compact and moist and may smother the roots. What do you think and what should I do or use? They will arrive tomorrow, Thursday the 17th but I can delay the transplant to properly amen the bed. There will be three plants. Help please as I want to do it properly!