Photo by Melody

Northeast Gardening: crocuses - and the day lillies are up! Zone 4B/5A, 1 by ljmelbs

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ljmelbs

Subject: crocuses - and the day lillies are up! Zone 4B/5A

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of crocuses - and the day lillies are up!  Zone 4B/5A
ljmelbs wrote:
Hi everyone - I'm new to this forum. As a matter of fact, I just realized that while all the people who I work with are wasting time on facebook, I've been reading seed starting blogs. So I decided to just dive in and accept myself for who I am. I live in Western Mass- in Monson, a town right next to Springfield and pretty near Amherst and Northampton. I live on a house on the side of a shady hill/mountain, on a private dirt road with a neighborhood shared lake. When we bought the house in 2005 in October, I didn't think about the sun. Soon I discovered that I don't have much of it. The front of the house faces north east- and the driveway faces south. I have about four-six hours of full sun at the sunniest spot in my garden. Still, I perserve. It has been a process - the house needed tons of basic landscaping the first year, a bit more the second, and now I am actually feeling like I will have hope of a fabulous garden this year. I've started a bunch of tomatoes (a reach, considering my shade) and a few shade-loving flowers ... anyway, I ramble. I'm just so excited to have others who may appreciate my gardenning nerdiness! Here's a picture of my side garden from last summer. Thanks for listening!