Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: So, what have ya done so far...., 1 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: So, what have ya done so far....

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of So, what have ya done so far....
HollyAnnS wrote:
Thanks Doccat, It will be awhile before Ric starts the wall. I really wanted to stain the wood siding last year and never got to it. Ric and I were talking yesterday. First we are going to transplant all the sedums from the old bed. They are the only perennial plants in the top of the raised bed. Then we will pressure wash the siding and stain it. Then he is putting some molding around the windows and adding the trellises that we picked up. They will hang next to the windows like window shutters. Paint the window boxes and rehang them with some decorative iron brackets. We hope to get that all done in the next 2-3 weeks weather permitting.
Then the old wall will get a little reworking and the plants will get removed from the lower part and base of the old wall. Then we get to start the new wall and back fill it. Then the real fun starts "PLANTING"
Wrightie, This is the rock pile. Ric wanted to neatly place them on pallets but I wanted them spread out on the lawn roughly where they would go. That way we could get a good idea of how many we would need. With the 4 largest ones it looks like we have about enough for the job.