Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: Flowering today, 1 by Islandshari

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Islandshari

In reply to: Flowering today

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Flowering today
Islandshari wrote:
Yokwe everyone! What a cute little frog! Well, let's see, the Brasso is a Brassocattleya - usually found in a lilac blue color. This little trooper has flowers nearly all year...I really enjoy it. No Chrissy, the plant behind the Brasso is an Aphelandra sinclairiana...and that spot is where I recently moved it to get more shade. It gets a couple of hours of morning sun, and then filtered sun the rest of the day. I am working with the horticulturalist from Logee's to try to get the browning edges under control...they seem to be a characteristic flaw in this plant, (not just mine specifically). We are trying various sun levels, wind protection, feed/no feed, etc. I love the magnificent colors in the Aphelandra, and am determined to help this one thrive. My one little Angel is still in the recovery stage from whatever trauma it suffered a couple of weeks ago. Starting to leaf out again, wish me luck.
Here's one you don't see everyday, a Pseuderanthemum reticulatum. Very pretty when the whole thing is blooming and you just see these golden leaves between the clusters of white and pink flowers.