Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: Lights * Camera * Action!!!, 1 by dovebydesign

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dovebydesign

In reply to: Lights * Camera * Action!!!

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Lights * Camera * Action!!!
dovebydesign wrote:
Illoquin: Thanks for the encouragement. I, like you, can not wait to get outside. I was out there yesterday cleaning a bit of this and that but it is still just too wet.

The plugs I bought were from http://www.hpsseed.com I have no idea if they were cuttings or seed started but they were about the size of my baby finger and had good healthy roots in soil. They are started in trays of 512 the same size overall as any tray that fits into those plastic tray bottoms. They came packaged very well via mail. I just took them and transfered them into Miracle Grow moisture control potting mix that I put into trays of 50.

The geraniums are zonals and I bought the plugs of them from a local company. They were in 288 trays, well rooted. I transferred them into trays of 15. I have 30 overall of them. The rest I have started from seed.

I never started anything in the house or from seed before (well except black eyed Susan vine I just threw into apot last spring). So this is interesting.

I am a bit OCD so yes, I sweep, and mop everyday. Insane. I know it. But it is that same OCD that has me growing all this stuff. Planting all this seed fro the first time! And planting huge gardens. In for a penny......

I currently grow gardens of ferns (about 50) , hosta aprox 350?), huerchra (30) and other shade lovers like columbine, dicentra and anything I can find. I do not have a ton of sun areas but where I do it gets real hot.

Here is a picture from one of last years gardens......at the beginning of the year...it has more plants now!!!