Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: So, what have ya done so far...., 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: So, what have ya done so far....

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of So, what have ya done so far....
Gitagal wrote:
Holly,

I have 5 Peonies in my Garden. Seems like 3 of them have been there forever--and will stay where they are--2 are in my "YUK" bed and no way Jose I can ever dig them up. The third (older) one is a beautiful puffy white with a tinge of magenta here and there. This has been moved once to make room for my Endless Summer Hydrangea about 3 years ago.

Now--here's the REST of the story............................
About 6 years ago, when i was still working in the garden dept. at HD, and end of the Season had come, there were 32 pots of Peonies doomed to be tossed. These were 3 gallon pots! I said to the Garden supervisor, "You can't throw all these out!!!! It takes so long for Peony to even grow to a blooming stage! I will buy them all, if it is OK with you!" So he said, "OK! You can have then for $2 a piece..." And so I went home with 32 pots of peonies.....All my friends and neighbors got as many as they wanted--for $2. I kept a couple myself. There were 2 amazing looking peonies there--one ended up at my neighbor's and the other one in my bed-by-the-shed....That is the one I moved yesterday......
I think I have a picture of it--somewhere......It is so big--that it needs extra support!

Gita