Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: Chalice Cup Vine Experience, 1 by DebSTX

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DebSTX

In reply to: Chalice Cup Vine Experience

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Chalice Cup Vine Experience
DebSTX wrote:
Whoa! I employ gardeners who do nothing but cut the jungle back, and cut the wild vines from trees. Anything invasive enough or heavy enough can bring down a shallow-rooted palm. I'm sure my 15 acres of encroaching jungle doesn't compare to your controlled back yard in Florida, so the point is moot anyway. Your husband, however, is cordially invited to my "lab" to write book number 4. I am by no means as knowledgeable as you when it comes to plants, but being in the medical field, I do no death when I see it.

The Chalice Vine on the huge pine sounds awesome! That would be breathtaking! My Chalice flower fragrance, even with the huge vine and plentiful bloom, is very subtle. Maybe because of my vast space or the trade winds? In the evening, though, after dinner, I walk outside to look at the stars. The air is still and a soft, sweet fragrance just wafts all around me. It is such a big, beautiful flower. I think your strong pine will give it an outstanding home.