Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Michigan Gardening: Welcome MichiganderAmos53...Lake, mi, 1 by Amos55

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Amos55

In reply to: Welcome MichiganderAmos53...Lake, mi

Forum: Michigan Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Welcome MichiganderAmos53...Lake, mi
Amos55 wrote:
Hello,
Thank you for your nice welcome.
Let's see about me, well I love gardening. I have worked in four different greenhouses during my working days. Now that is a job. Hard work but I always said, "who needs to join a gym". I called it "my free Jane Fonda workout". To watch my seedling filled greenhouse in March to a color spectacular in May wow. And the smell nothing like it.
My dear fiance' bought me a Rion pro Greenhouse. It should be here in four weeks.
I was looking on the web for find out information about hobby greenhouses and came across this site. Looks like it is going to be a wonderful site with lots of great information.
We just bought this house last spring and when I moved in the yard was a empty. Nice is some ways, its like a blank canvas. I brought up two truckloads of plants from my yard downstate. That was a job and a half. I only wish I would have had more time to prepare the soil. It is so sandy of a soil up here. This Fall I put in over 400 tulips, daffs and crocus. So I am pretty excited to see my efforts. The tips of my tulips on the front of the shelterd side are peeping through. Spring is my favorite time of year.... Can't beat the smell.
Any who That is a little bit of who I am.
I hope to talk to you soon.
Amos