Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Michigan Gardening: I'll always be a Michigander!, 1 by flowrgirl1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright flowrgirl1

In reply to: I'll always be a Michigander!

Forum: Michigan Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I'll always be a Michigander!
flowrgirl1 wrote:
thanks gardenlady,
I moved because my bf got a good job in NC. Wish i could say the same. I have a mixture of light conditions in my yard so I can grow a little of everything. Its a small space but for now it works. I have been gardening since i could walk pretty much. My parents owned a greenhouse business so I was raised around it. I have been an avid gardener for probably 14 years though.

I do miss the snow but i dont miss driving in it. I really dont miss cleaning off the car at 7am when it is barried under a foot or two of snow.

I grow about 400 var. of tb irises along with daylilies, hostas, ferns, hellebores, grasses, clematis, foxglove, lilies, hydrangea, sambucas, and so many more. I have had several garden center jobs so i have thousands of plants. Needless to say a good portion of my pay went to buying plants.

NC is a nice state but i didnt want to leave home so its hard. I cant garden until we buy a house so thats difficult. It gets really hot here in the summer so I am not looking forward to that at all considering MI makes me sweat.

I hope to return to MI in five or so years to live permenantly.