Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Rural Gardening: what are u hatching or getting for spring??, 1 by BeautifulBrahma

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BeautifulBrahma

In reply to: what are u hatching or getting for spring??

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of what are u hatching or getting for spring??
BeautifulBrahma wrote:
TF, thank you :) I actually just borrowed an incubator from a friend, to see how it went before I purchase one. I didn't want to risk buying shipping eggs, so I just used eggs from my girls, so the chicks are *probably* mixes :D My main roo is a buff Brahma. One or two of the chicks look like they may be pure buff brahma (have two BB hens) or they may be light brahma/buff brahma. It looks like only two chicks have different dads-respectively, lol! The one really black one, I believe to be out of my EE roo. The chick has black legs, beak, etc. I'm guessing the legs will turn more willow colored as it get's older. The other chick is out of a golden spangled Hamburg egg-only little white one in the bator! And I've only seen my GSH roo mating with his breed of girls. So that leaves the others with my big boy Rudy as the dad. The hamburg chick is the only one with the chipmunk markings, lol! I can't wait to see them feathered out.

Here is a pic of Rudy: