Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Hydrangeas: question about Endless Summer, 1 by Noreaster

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Noreaster

In reply to: question about Endless Summer

Forum: Hydrangeas

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of question about Endless Summer
Noreaster wrote:
Snapple, I've never even heard of that, but I just looked it up and I think it's really pretty....hmm, now you've got me thinking about that. So sorry you lost your Japanese Maple last year.

I really hope I have the same good results with the styrofoam box as I did last year with the bin full of leaves...only without the branch loss this time. I looked thru my records and pics, and I think I started seeing new growth from the buds at around the third week in March last year (I kept it covered, but I did peek now and then). So in a couple more weeks I will peek into the box and see what's happening in there. I had 18 blooms last year even with the branches that were lost, so I was happy with that. And I loved the deep, rich color. It seems like the ES blues are paler, which I don't care for quite as much. So, for the look I like, I guess it's worth the extra effort, since it's only one shrub...just not sure how big a box I will have to make next year! Here is Merritt's Supreme last year.