Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Fruits and Nuts: Site For Melon Garden, 1 by Tplant

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Tplant

Subject: Site For Melon Garden

Forum: Fruits and Nuts

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Site For Melon Garden
Tplant wrote:
Now that they moved our home to the new site I have a beautiful southern area for my veggies especially melons which I shall grow in my EBs. Haven't been able to do anything until they put down our temporary sod which is Bahia grass and very strawy but better than walking on sand and mud. Still getting over the flu but the weather is miserable today anyway so I'll be planning my garden and keeping you up to date.
For those that don't know we live in a mobile home on school property and they had to move us to expand the cafeteria. A lot going on here but they gave me a lot more gardening room. Of course my tomato garden had to go but it was time anyway so no real loss. I will be seeding a large variety of melons ASAP and my mouth is watering already. I intend to set twelve EBs aside for this purpose which will give me thirty-six plants @ three per EB so it will really be fun. If they are as good as last year I will be a very happy man..