Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: remember that dream nursery?, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: remember that dream nursery?

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of remember that dream nursery?
weed_woman wrote:
OMG! I don't think I've ever worked as fast in a plant related industry before! LOL
It was great, but I earned every penny, and took a long hot bath when I got home.
I potted about 200 Zygos! And about 800 Mandevillas, but in a production line, with one person filling pots with a big potting machine, and me putting them on a trolley, and both of us putting the plants in and fertilising them. Then I would go with the man who drives the tractor, over to the nursery and place them in very neat, very straight rows! We also hand weeded all of about 10 weeds! They are very neat and tidy and extremely hygenic and so, so professional! I finished off the day potting some beautiful ferns (about 400) and will probly do another 100 or so tomorrow, and yes, I'M GOING BACK! I have a couple of days next week also. Its been very hard telling my customers that i can't help them this week and a few next week, but I can't burn my bridges as it's only temporary work.
Anyway, that'll do for this thread, no need to answer, and thank you all so much for being happy for me!
Sue