Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: Organizing seeds, 1 by Susan_C

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Susan_C

In reply to: Organizing seeds

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Organizing seeds
Susan_C wrote:
Hi Gloria,

I organize both alphabetically and by month. The seeds I trade with are filed alphabetically, and the ones for my personal use are filed by month to sow.

My trading seeds are filed alphabetically in old tea boxes (with the lids cut off) and are kept inside a photo storage box. I keep the seeds I will be sowing in junk mail return envelopes that I've sealed and then cut off one end of to make a pouch. Each envelope is labeled with the month to sow, and they are kept stored in an antique seed box my husband bought me for my birthday. It works well because I can just go grab February's envelope, and whatever seeds I pull out, I sow. If I don't sow all the seeds, they go into a "to be filed" tea box in my trading storage box.

I also keep a spreadsheet listing all of the seeds that I will be sowing this season. It is kept sorted by whether the seed has been sown or not and then by plant name. I have it set up so that I can filter/select based on the various column values. -Here's a pic:

This message was edited Feb 13, 2008 5:27 PM