Tropical Fruits: Meyer lemon - brown patches on leaves, 1 by mygardens

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mygardens

In reply to: Meyer lemon - brown patches on leaves

Forum: Tropical Fruits

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Meyer lemon - brown patches on leaves
mygardens wrote:
bettydee - Thanks for your prompt response. You are right, there is a bit of curling in the leaves because we had some construction last summer and the poor plant was moved around a bit and it had some problems this summer, but I don't see anything now. I do look carefully but I will look again.

It was not in good condition at the end of last winter. It usually suffers a bit indoors, and yes, I did some significant top pruning as well at the same time as I root-pruned. I have to keep it in a container so I do both regularly. I have stones in the bottom for drainage and I water once a week, a bit from the top to moisten the fertilizer, and from the bottom so the roots will grow down . When I repotted it I followed the directions for citrus soil. I forgot about the pH meter. We have one somewhere. I'll find it ASAP. Two years ago it looked like the attached photo. It does sound like Mesophyll Collapse. I wish they had a photo with the description. I found photos on other plants, but not on lemons. Thanks for the many suggestions. I'll recheck everything.