Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Need advice on cultivar of Clematis, 1 by JeanneTX

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JeanneTX

In reply to: Need advice on cultivar of Clematis

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Need advice on cultivar of Clematis
JeanneTX wrote:
Becky...Clematis "Jackmanii" and "Venosa Violacea" are two great pruning group 3's that are wonderful for beginners..I went and joined that group but didn't see anything offered but lilies and it says my membership is still pending??..If these are "liner" plants they should be potted up in one gallon pots and grow out until the roots start coming out of the bottom of the pots...and remember to plant them 2-4 inches deeper even in their pots..I have done this with many liner plants and then dig a hole in my garden and drop the pot in and firm the soil around the pot..lifting it in early fall and planting directly into my garden..I would have to see where these plants are from and size before giving you proper advice..Here is "VV" you'll just love her..I love this clematis so much I have planted 3 !!..Jeanne
If I can see the list I could make recommendation..just make sure they are pruning group 3'..you can always research that on COTW aka Clematis on the Web...