Photo by Melody

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: Butterfly and Moth Raising and Releasing sticky thread, 1 by debnes_dfw_tx

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright debnes_dfw_tx

In reply to: Butterfly and Moth Raising and Releasing sticky thread

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Butterfly and Moth Raising and Releasing sticky thread
debnes_dfw_tx wrote:
I made a new thread for this book to announce it, and I will put t here permanently.

"The Book of Field and Roadside" Open-Country Weeds, and Wildflowers of Eastern North America
Some of you might want to snag a copy of this one. It has drawings and information on common roadside weeds. As many of you know some of the most beautiful butterflies use field and roadside plants as larval hosts. John Eastman thoroughly covers many of these plants to recognize so that we can gather seeds from them when the seeds are ripe. Most weeds and wildflowers do not transplant very well and it isn't advisable to remove plants like these fro their natural places for other reasons anyway. John goes into great detail on all insects encountered with the plants as well, and Amelia Hansen is a pretty good little illustrator.

I bought it for 4.98, but the list price is 18.95.. I saw the book on ebay and amazon for as low as 1.99!!