Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Pacific Northwest Gardening: Where have all the PNWers gone (part 2), 1 by susybell

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright susybell

In reply to: Where have all the PNWers gone (part 2)

Forum: Pacific Northwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Where have all the PNWers gone (part 2)
susybell wrote:
Hi Carla,

Thanks for the background. You are lucky to have had that kind of guidance and really special connection with your grandmother. My GP were halfway across the country so I only ever saw them every few years for a week or so. Plus, my mom had head-butting problems with my GM, too. Some I think is just the mother-daughter thing, but my mom is quite different from her mom, as well.

I do understand about pictures, at least on some level. I find I take far, far, fewer of them than I did when I was younger. I'd rather experience a place than just record it, if that makes any sense? (Harder to share later, though!) I also really don't care for having my photo taken. DG is having me get the camera out again more, though, too. I like having something to share, but I don't want that to replace my experiencing a place.

I've got to admit, too, that I do love the SW part of this country, all of it that I've seen. I'd like to spend more time there just being in the desert. Oh, I've got to stop-makes it harder to look out the window here when I'm thinking about that sky and those rocks...