Image Copyright lourspolaire

In reply to: Garden pics

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Garden pics
lourspolaire wrote:
Words to live by from Braddah Iz.

Almost Heaven, West Makaha,
High-ridge mountain, crystal-clear blue water.
All my friends there hanging on da beach,
Young and old among them,
Feel the ocean breeze.

Christi, you have just got to get us a picture of your outfit before you go. But be warned: you will leave a tiny part of yourself there somewhere in the islands. It will call your name and beckon you back relentlessly after you return to the mainland.

Polar Bear travel tips for Hawai'i:
A) If you ever get lost on any of the islands, just take highway/road/boulevard Kamehameha and you'll be back on track in no time. Actually, if you stop the car and open a map, someone will come knock on your car's window and ask if you need help. That happened to me in Waimanalo and again in Nawiliwili.

B) You can't swing a pineapple in Hawai'i without hitting a botanical garden. In the end, that poor pineapple was pretty beat up but we saw such wonders, it was worth the heavily bruised fruit. Enjoy the bountiful nature and ultra-favorable growing conditions: Almost Heaven...

C) Enjoy the wonderful people over there. Hawai'i has got to be the friendliest place on earth. You'll have such a wonderful time.

That little part of me that was left behind keeps calling me back. Gail is the same. We are aiming to return to Hawai'i in 2009 IF Gail can make the trip. A small word like "if" can make such a huge difference in our lives. Carpe diem: seize the day. Lost time is not given back, alas.

I send you a grey hibiscus for your hair.
Take care.
Sylvain.