Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: Ways to Propogate Mass Amounts of Plants!, 1 by mustangman826

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mustangman826

Subject: Ways to Propogate Mass Amounts of Plants!

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Ways to Propogate Mass Amounts of Plants!
mustangman826 wrote:
Hey, yes I'm starting yet another thread, I'm officially addicted to Dave's Garden! I grow both for commercial and hobby reasons. I grow and sell approximately 24,000 tropical plants each year. I love to share my ideas, and get feedback from others on how they propagate. Call me crazy, but propagate all of my plants in a germination chamber inside my living room (my wife HATES it), but temperature and humidity are key, she still doesn't seem to understand this ;) I keep a heater mat under four separate flats. Each flat has between 500-750 seeds, once they germinate I transplant quickly into its own separate cell in trays and throw them in a greenhouse. This concept allows me to turn between 1800-2600 plants a month. I can keep the chamber at a stable 87 degrees for my palms, and 77 degrees for plants like Bird of Paradise. The humidity is very high, between 70-90%. Again, I made this box of PVC and visqueen. I do germinate some plants in greenhouses during Spring and Summer, I will attach pictures of all of these. Please share ideas, I love to fine tune my ways, I learn so much from everyone!