Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lourspolaire

In reply to: Garden pics

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Garden pics
lourspolaire wrote:
Aloha, everybody.

So many people I know have been having fun here. What fun it is to have found this thread. Big hugs to everyone.

BHM, your garden is glorious. I love your pictures. Mahalo, mahalo. Don't prune, it isn't natural. I find it makes a garden look contrived. You don't want that in Hawai'i. Let it grow and be proud.

Plus, that beach picture with the trees, the water, the sand, OMG! I have got to get myself over to Hawai'i soon. I was so happy to read that the island of Kahoolawe has been returned to the people. Will they restore the island to its original beauty or will it be covered with condominiums? That would be such a shame. As a hawai'ian-at-heart, I can't help but rejoice when land is restituted to the people.

And you have a luau planned for Valentine's day. I love luaus. The one you describe sounds like so much fun, complete with a princess and all. I am officially jealous. I can blow a conch really loud and for a long time. Maybe I could secure a job there as conch blower. When you hear the conch blowing, check out the guys blowing them. I may be in the lot. LOL like that could happen.

Sunday, I am off on a 5-day cruise with my friend Pierre. We call this the 2nd annual guys' cruise. No wifes, no worries, wall-to-wall peace for a whole 5 days. We'll explore Cozumel by jeep in the morning. We'll visit Senor Frog's fine establishment in the afternoon, get big hats made out of balloons, drink a few yards of whatever it is they serve there and try to make it back to the ship under our own power. In Grand Cayman, we're going on a submarine tour in the morning and then we'll go frolic with the stingrays in the afternoon.

Coffee is ready. I have loads to do today because Saturday is already all booked up and Sunday, the guys are off. I include a picture of the ship we'll be sailing on: Norwegian Jewel.

Take care, all. God bless you and a big Aloha to everyone.
Sylvain.