Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Annuals: Zinnia profusion or a colorful border flower under 18", 1 by pennefeather

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pennefeather

Subject: Zinnia profusion or a colorful border flower under 18"

Forum: Annuals

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Zinnia profusion or a colorful border flower under 18"
pennefeather wrote:
Over this past year, I have read alot of really nice comments about this flower. I am considering using them to line the area directly in front of my azealas that form our foundation plantings. Since it is a fairly long area, I wanted to be sure that these flowers do bloom all summer, and are not high maintainence. If they are susceptible to any particular disease or insects, I would love to know.

The other plants that I am considering are marigolds (old standby), vinca (cooler series), geraniums (great flowers - unless there is a lot of rain) and osteosporum ( I love the blue centers). If anyone else has a suggestion, I am open. I want to be sure to get my seeds in time to start my flowers for spring.

Last year, I tried caladiums for the first time. I didn't plant enough, and they didn't provide the umph that I was looking for. I like a lot of color. Even when I admire a display that is all one color, I find myself itching to mix colors.