Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Tropicaholic!, 1 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: Tropicaholic!

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropicaholic!
wrote:
Hi I left to pull out snail creeper triffids after my last thread, must of crossed with you Shari didn't see what you recommended ...oh yes beautiful choices, m I came to my home 16 years ago and all it had were two she oaks and a murraya and 6ft of wild grass (forgot 2 acres of cabbage.:))
Now it's like this ...due to various reasons some of us won't travel physically but can travel in cyber space which means you just have to call out and your garden friends will be there to help,you can peek into their gardens ...I truly believe this ... we were given the gift of being able to create our own little Eden if we want to.If money is tight reach out to other gardeners or friends /relatives for seeds and cuttings.If you can't afford books search the net ,haunt the library ...talk to "older garden lovers" and learn from their experience we have some wonderful people here and you probably have some older folk in the family who will talk to you about things too.I believe if you want it you can have it. Just look at TM ... anything is possible if you can't afford greenhouses grow quick growing shelter plants, enclosures can be made cheaply, with vines over chicken wire etc, you can do it! Look at your Calender and mark the first day of Spring (or the first warm day ) and note "Bring it on" off you go on your big adventure!
chrissy