Photo by Melody

Wildlife: Heidi Chronicles: The Kids are Still Here For the Holidays, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

Subject: Heidi Chronicles: The Kids are Still Here For the Holidays

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi Chronicles: The Kids are Still Here For the Holidays
DreamOfSpring wrote:
This thread is part of the ongoing saga of Heidi and company, the raccoons who live in the forest behind my house and frequent my wildlife buffet.

Right now we are in something of a slow down for winter. The 07 kids are grown now. They and their mom still visit the buffet often, but with the hustle and bustle of the season and the shorter days, I don't always see them. So we are resting a bit in preparation for spring 08 when Heidi and the other 'ladies' will bring us more adorable babies to 'raise'. (Well, actually the moms do all of the real work. We just get to enjoy watching the little ones play and grow and learn about the world.)

The prior thread in the series: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/795656/

I usually use a raccoon photo for the cover shot, but in the spirit of the season I thought I'd decorate this thread with a view of the object the raccoons hung in the tree just over the fence. I found it hanging there this morning. I don't know what it is exactly but it has the colors of the season.