Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Amaryllis and Hippeastrums: Amaryllis Help - Naturalizing outdoors I Hope!, 1 by dwr857

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dwr857

In reply to: Amaryllis Help - Naturalizing outdoors I Hope!

Forum: Amaryllis and Hippeastrums

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Amaryllis Help - Naturalizing outdoors I Hope!
dwr857 wrote:
OK, a trip Home Depot for small pots and soil $46.00 later I just finished digging up 18 Red Peacock Amaryllis. Each bulb was out of the ground for less than 1 minute before it was transplanted into a pot. 16 of the 18 still had numerous roots and two only had a few roots. The shell of each bulb was wet and the outer skins just fell off. The basil plates were still hard and bulbs themselves were surprisingly firm. I also found baby Amaryllis' on 5 bulbs, one of which you can see in this photo. I currently have them sitting on my back patio in the sun and I have not added any water to the soil. I sure hope I can save these as they are very nice bulbs around 34cm.

How long do you think I should leave them unwatered before I water them? And should I take them outside for some sun evry day or can I just leave them in indirect light...

Thanks everyone for your help and I guess that what's this forun is all about. I hope I can return your graciousness one day...

Sincerely

Don - I am adding 2 pictures of the bulbs after transplanting...