Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Bird Watching: New Here , 1 by akdoug

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright akdoug

Subject: New Here

Forum: Bird Watching

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New Here
akdoug wrote:
Good Morning All, Thought I would tell you a bit about myself. I picked up the link to this board from a Alaska Member who posted in AKBirding. We are located between Palmer and Wasilla AK. about 40 miles north of Anchorage. The area is commonly called the valley. Pretty simply because it located in the Matanuska-Susitna valley. Im old enough to have retired for 5 years and dumb enough to have gone back to work last May.
Many folks bird for birding, I bird for photography. http://www.douglloydphotography.com/4436.html
I get around the state to bird a great deal May to October but once the fall migration is complete I don't venture far from our little piece of paradise to bird. I make a winter trip or two to Seward to get a little diversity in my winter birding and Homer for 4-5 days in March for Eagles.
Our Christmas Count is tomorrow and over the past few weeks this Yellow-shafted Northern Flicker has been coming to the house nearly daily. A very rare winter bird here in the winter. My fingers are Xed that he will make an apperance tomorrow. He came yesterday so we can get him in the count week at least. Now do I want to fiddle with the rare bird report.
Doug