Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Bird Watching: How do you attract birds to a new feeder/SunFlower heads, 1 by Depsi

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Depsi

In reply to: How do you attract birds to a new feeder/SunFlower heads

Forum: Bird Watching

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of How do you attract birds to a new feeder/SunFlower heads
Depsi wrote:
Hi, we are back from Spokane & the Coeur d'Alene trip and very pleased to see the big feeder completely empty and signs of alot of visitors in the snow beneath it as well as on our deck and rocks while we were away for the past 3 days. Went to the WBU and it was a great experience. The lady who owns it was so informative & just spent all kinds of time with us. We bought a bluebird house, bird bath, a peanut feeder, peanuts, nuts & berries, and a beautiful calendar. + 2 identification books on birds in Idaho and when we got home our Stokes book was in the mail. My husband will be very busy for awhile. He is going to take that Bluebird house apart & use it as a template to make more + we learned the one we have up needs some remodeling since it has no drain holes or ventilation holes. Bob will modify that and I have gourds that we drilled at one of our garden club meetings which I will hang. We are so enjoying this...We will leave Sunday again for Spokane as I am having surgery on my hand on Monday so unfortunately I won't be on the keyboard for quite awhile but will still be reading the posts. I'm having reconstruction done on my wrist as well as carpal tunnel repaired...this will give me all kinds of time to study up, tho, so am looking forward to the down time + the relief from pain. Bob is laying in bed right now reading "How to Attract Birds to Your Garden" and is planning where to plant a hedge for cover. Do any of you have any tips on the seed sprouting? That is one thing we did not take into consideration and all of these feeders are over an area covered by different mints + sage plants + Ajuga....very bad to have to pull sprouted weeds in...we just never thought about that....pic is some of the "Boys" trying to impress the hens in front of the house.....Happy Birding!!!