Photo by Melody

Weather: December Daily Weather; Sleighbells Ring, are ya listening?, 1 by rannveig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rannveig

In reply to: December Daily Weather; Sleighbells Ring, are ya listening?

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of December Daily Weather;  Sleighbells Ring, are ya listening?
rannveig wrote:
Good afternoon :-)

The storm has passed - the lights are still here ..... and working :-) It's raining, and just a bit breezy compared to yesterday, only 15 mph (7 m/s) from the SE gusting to 29 mph (13 m/s). 41°F (5°C) and 70% humidity.

Sunrise today was at 11:09 am, sunset will be at 3:33 pm. I must say I like it better when it's the other way around ...... however that way we wouldn't be able to enjoy candles, christmas lights and fireworks, so I'll take it ;-)

Deb - fall/winter storms are normal here - this year hasn't been unusual at all. Beautiful photo of the ocean :-)

The storm last night was the strongest one so far this winter. Most depressions in the Atlantic seem to make their way right over us, both in winter and summer .... they're just deeper in the winter months and thus heavier winds. Fortunately there are a few that miss us and then we get a few sunny days, usually we need a high pressure system over Greenland for that to happen which keeps the depressions to the south and then Britain gets them instead. That's what happened this summer when we had 6 weeks of drought and Britain almost got drowned in the meantime. We've made up that water deficit a looooooong time ago since we've gotten almost every depression since August ...... lol Plants here don't really need protection from the frost, which is usually fairly mild - it's the wind that gets them. Sorry, I didn't mean to write a book on the subject ... lol

pepper - hope the storm passes without damage. What is freezing rain? Sounds like a paradox to me ...... here we just get rain, sleet or snow/hail.

Here's a photo from last week - not quite this misty today but, gray all the same ;-)

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann