Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Flowers today, 1 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: Flowers today

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Flowers today
wrote:
Finally for anyone interested,brical1 this is mainly for you ...a pic of a brug pod different from the Grande Marnier, this one was only done about 4/5 days ago and if you compare it to the little thing next to it you see a fairly quick result, it will start to grow instead of just staying a tiny green point.In this case the pod is getting fatter and has almost a velvet look to it ...early days yet but we can already see a different pod shape ...in this case the pollinater was the Grande marnier and mummy the white. Remember when mummy is Grand Marnier the pod is long and pointy and remains the same sort of shiny green.
All we have to do now is wait ...and hope no big fat grubs eat them and the hail stays away.I have gently peeled away the green covering due to fear of rotting (as recommended) what with all the rain,good luck brical1 ...I hope you feel the same excitment I did upon discovering the seed pods ...I warn you though I am as clucky over them as the old brown chook over her eggs :)