Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Bird Watching: Over 3 weeks and no birds!?, 1 by PeeperKeeper

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright PeeperKeeper

In reply to: Over 3 weeks and no birds!?

Forum: Bird Watching

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Over 3 weeks and no birds!?
PeeperKeeper wrote:
And finally, a pic of the whole area. The Nyjer's on the far left, the cedar's on the far right and the blue one is in the middle.

Do you think my problem is that I put the feeders too close to the deck to start out? Should I move them to the other side of the yard til they get used to them?

I thought I was being smart putting the suet cages back in the woods, but it doesn't seem like that many birds are hanging out in the woods, so I don't know if they get a chance to see them. I heard and saw a few birds the past couple of mornings when I had my coffee out there, but they weren't flitting around all over the place as I always pictured them doing in a wooded area such as this.

Oh, one other question I've had. I don't know if any of my neighbors feed birds, other than hummers. I imagine some of them do, but if not, is it possible that the birds around here don't know about birdfeeders, or are birds' ranges so vast that all of them know to look for feeders? This is a small development pretty much surrounded by raw land. Obviously migratory birds certainly encounter feeders, but I don't know if there are some that just stick to a small home area.

If you notice any other issues with my set up, please let me know. If it's just that I need to be more patient, that's fine. I hope to be posting soon, as Depsi did, that I've got all kinds of birds at the feeders and I just needed more patience.